Nigerian stock market loses more than 20 billion naira due to selling pressures
The NGX closed on a negative note amid selling and buying as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated 7 basis points.
ASI NGX closed at 51,791.45 points to reflect a decline of 0.07% from the previous trading day and a year-to-date (YTD) return of 21.24%. Meanwhile, the market cap decreased by N20.61 billion.
As of market close on Monday, July 4, 2022, the market value currently stands at 27.92 trillion naira at the end of the trading day.
The market extent closed negative as FIDSON led 17 winners and 18 losers, dominated by CONOIL at the end of the day’s session.
The stock market has advanced by 9,075.01 basis points since the start of the year.
NGX Top ASI Winners
- FIDSON up +9.82% to close at N12.30
- LEARNAFRICA up +9.78% to close at N2.47
- UPDC up +9.71% to close at N1.13
- PRESTIGE up +8.33% to close at N0.39
- REGALINS up +7.69% to close at N0.28
NGX Top Losers ASI
- CONOIL down – 9.90% to close at N25.95
- RESDTAREX down -9.09% to close at N2.50
- RTBRISCOE down -9.09% to close at N0.40
- CUTIX down -7.69% to close at N2.28
- UNITYBANK down -6.67% to close at N0.42
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 25,074,269
- GTCO – 20 176 295
- UBA – 17,593,981
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- MTNN-N799 895 255.70
- GTCO – N413 019 759.30
- AIRTELAFRI – N349 273 332.30
The market sentiment trend is down as the market differential is in favor of the losers with 17 winners being overtaken by 18 losers.